The Original Mattress Factory has implemented a variety of precautions in store, in our factories, and during delivery to keep our customers and employees as safe as possible. We are offering drop-off delivery as well as in-home delivery with additional safety precautions. Please note that in-home delivery may not be available in every market. We’re sharing information about these new protocols so you can select and prepare for the right delivery method for you.
Please note that due to the evolving nature of the pandemic, policies and available services may change based on guidance from healthcare officials or mandates from local, state, or federal governments.
As a reminder, we also offer free pick-up at our stores and factories. Our factories typically have every model in stock every day, so same-day pick-up is usually available. Our stores do not typically carry many mattresses or box springs in stock due to a lack of space, but we can transfer items to the store and schedule pick-up a few days after your order. Same-day pick-up is typically available at the stores for smaller accessory items.
In-home delivery vs. drop-off delivery
For local deliveries, we’re offering two delivery options for our customers: our standard in-home delivery with additional precautions and a door step drop-off delivery to your doorstep. You can make your delivery selection during your purchase.
Regardless of which delivery method you choose, our delivery team will be:
- Undergoing a daily health assessment prior to starting their shift.
- Wearing face masks and gloves.
- Washing their hands or using hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- Avoiding handshakes or other direct contact with each other and customers.
- Utilizing a barrier between each other inside of the truck.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Following a cleaning schedule for all high-touch surfaces.
During in-home delivery, our team will bring your new products into the bedroom and set them up. We ask that you practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet away from our employees at all times. Our team will wear masks, gloves, and booties while inside of your home.
We offer removal of mattresses and box springs for $5 per piece. All items must be in a sanitary condition in order to be eligible for removal.
Our door step drop-off delivery will bring your new products directly to your doorstep, garage, or other area outside of your home. This service will be offered at a reduced delivery price.
We offer removal of mattresses and box springs for $5 per piece on this delivery option as well. All items must be in a sanitary condition in order to be eligible for removal. We request that you bring the mattress to the doorstep for removal so that our team does not have to enter your home. Do not place them outside prior to delivery if it is raining or has recently rained because we are not able to remove wet items.
How to prepare for delivery
- Confirm your delivery time. The day before your delivery, our team will contact you to give you a time window for your delivery, confirm the delivery method, and briefly review the safety protocols. Make sure your voicemail box is empty and to check any new messages if you miss our call.
- Make sure no one in your home is exhibiting symptoms. We request that if you or anyone in your home is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) that you contact us to reschedule your delivery for the protection of our employees and other customers. We’d be happy to reschedule your delivery after the quarantine period.
- Secure pets. Whether you’re receiving in-home or drop-off delivery, you’ll want to make sure your pets are secured to prevent them from escaping or getting injured.
- Remove any furniture, pictures, knick-knacks, or other obstacles in the path of delivery. Our team takes the utmost care during delivery, but it’s important to keep the path for delivery as clear as possible to prevent any accidents.
- Keep a distance of at least 6 feet from our delivery team at all times. We ask that you practice social distancing throughout your delivery.
- Inspect your new products. Make sure to inspect the new products before signing off on the delivery.
- Bring a pen. We ask that you use your own pen to sign off on your delivery.
If you have any questions about our delivery procedures, please feel free to contact your nearest store or factory.
Ready to start your mattress buying journey? Come to The Original Mattress Factory first. No one knows more than our team about what makes a great mattress great. Whether you buy from us or not, you’ll be better prepared to make a smart mattress buying decision. Find a store near you.