The COVID-19 outbreak has been challenging for us all. But as we prepare to reopen our stores and factories across the country, we wanted to let you know more about the protocols we’re putting in place to protect our customers and employees. These protocols may evolve over time and are based on recommendations from healthcare experts. You can view more information regarding reopening dates here.
In our stores
All employees will undergo a self-administered health assessment prior to the start of their shift and are asked not to come in if they are exhibiting any signs of illness. At times, this may cause a store to open a bit later than planned, but we appreciate your patience. As each of our markets reopens, you’ll notice some differences in the ways in which our stores operate. All of our locations will be practicing:
- Social distancing: We request that sales associates and customers keep a minimum distance of 6 feet apart. Our sales associates can still answer questions and guide you through our products at a safe distance. They can also stay behind the sales desk at your request.
- Decreased capacity limits: All of our stores will have set capacity limits, and if a store has reached its max capacity, you may be asked to wait before entering.
- Masks: All of our sales associates and other employees will be required to wear masks while they are at work. Customers will not be required to wear masks, unless otherwise required by state or local mandates.
- Increased cleaning measures: Our team will be required to clean and sanitize parts of the stores throughout the day.
- Increased protective measures: We will request that all customers utilize disposable fabric pillow and mattress protectors during their visit, which will be provided for you.
We also ask that if you are experiencing any signs of illness including fever, shortness of breath, coughing, or if you have been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days, that you reschedule your visit for when you are feeling better. We will not be allowed to permit anyone displaying signs of illness into our stores.
In our factories
All of our factory employees are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. All employees will undergo a self-administered health assessment prior to the start of their shift and asked not to come in if they are exhibiting any signs of illness. All products are sealed in plastic after they are manufactured to keep them protected.
Our delivery practices have had to change in order to comply with regulations and keep our employees and customers safe. These practices may vary by market and evolve over time. All employees will undergo a self-administered health assessment prior to the start of their shift and asked not to come in if they are exhibiting any signs of illness. All delivery employees will be required to wear masks and gloves.
- Drop-off delivery: Several or all of our markets may no longer be able to offer full-service, in-home delivery at this time. Instead, we can offer no-contact, drop-off delivery in which our team will deliver the products to your door, but not go into your home. The fee for drop-off delivery will be less than our standard delivery fee.
- No-contact pickup by appointment: Our factory locations will offer no-contact pickup by appointment. You can order online, by phone, or in store, when applicable. Our team will contact you to schedule a time to pick up your products. Our team will have all of the items ready for you at the scheduled time, and all paperwork and loading will be handled with social distancing measures in place.
- Removal: For the safety of our team, we are not able to offer removal at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are working to bring this service back as soon as it is practical to do so.
Your safety is our priority
While we recognize that many of these measures may be frustrating or inconvenient at times, please understand that they are all designed to keep everyone safe. We are grateful for your patience and understanding as we all work through these challenges together. These measures will be in place as long as healthcare experts recommend them and may evolve over time.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Thank you so much for your support.
Ready to start your mattress buying journey? Come to The Original Mattress Factory first. No one knows more than our team about what makes a great mattress great. Whether you buy from us or not, you’ll be better prepared to make a smart mattress buying decision. Find a store near you.